The keratin straightening craze has been going on for several years. Whether it was the Japanese thermal straighteners that everyone was raving about or the Brazilian Keratin straightening system that had women booking appointments left and right, no matter where you looked, everyone was getting their hair straightened using these newfound systems. Not to be outdone, Sephora just launched the first at-home keratin straightening system in the US. This kit is ideal for those women who don’t have the luxury of booking an appointment at a salon with trained stylists. This is also for that customer who doesn’t want to spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars to get their hair pencil straight.
The kit is fully comprehensive but each product in the kit can be purchased separately which allows for a customized hair experience. Each kit includes the following products:
- TREAT: PerfectPrep Pre-Treatment Clarifying Shampoo, 2.5 oz.
- TREAT: ThePerfector 30-Day Hair Smoothing Treatment, 5 oz.
- CARE: PerfectCleanse Keratin Enhanced Shampoo, 8.5 oz.
- CARE: PerfectSilk Keratin Enhanced Conditioner, 8.5 oz.
- MAINTAIN: PerfectRenew Daily Keratin Replenishing Spray, 3.4 oz.
- PerfectComb (INCLUDED IN DELUXE KITS ONLY)
- PerfectClips (INCLUDED IN DELUXE KITS ONLY)
- PerfectHeat Deluxe Titanium Keratin-Sealing Flat Iron (INCLUDED IN DELUXE KITS ONLY)
Word of caution, anytime you use a straightening system at home you run the risk of damaging your hair. I highly advise that you think long and hard before you use a kit like this especially if you have no experience using relaxers or straighteners.